Friday, October 28, 2011

Lucky

My blog has taken such a hit these 5 months and I am kinda bummed because I was just looking over some older posts and love that I took the time to document so many things. Now it's like there is a huge gaping whole in my life from August until November. Which couldn't be further from the truth. Life is CRAZY busy.

For starters, I am nearly 22 weeks pregnant and recently found out the gummy bear in my belly is a GIRL. I wasn't sure how to react to the news. I didn't think we would ever actually have a girl and when making the decision to try for a third baby it was the least of my motivation. I think when you have two boys everyone assumes you really want a girl. But honestly, aside from having my eye on a certain Pottery Barn flowery bedspread and my desire to plan a huge extravagant wedding, I really didn't care. I was prepared to skip all of the teenage drama and issues that come along with girls; body image, going out in a boys car, my sons friends spending the night to hang with their beautiful, only slightly younger sister. Uh. But thankfully I can depend on Josiah and Oliver to sock the first person to lay a finger on her and if they don't Jaime will not be far behind. This girl will be traveling with an entourage at all times and I am sure she will simultaneously love it and hate it. I so am excited to be doing this the third time around with something and someone totally new. I can't wait to meet her. I have a feeling she may be the prettiest, sassiest little girl ever. And she will definitely be the best dressed because lets face it, after 4 years of buying crap with trucks on it I am ready to move on.

In other HUGE news it appears we will be staying in Asheville for a while (alot) longer. Thankfully we have lots of houses at the beach we can visit when our blood begins to freeze because we are building a new house! It has been in the works for a while but I haven't said anything until it was a done deal. This week we secured the contract and permits and they begin to clear the lot next week. In the contract it states that "Time is of the Essence" and we are guaranteed to close in 120 days. This baby is due in 131 days so time being of the essence is a sore understatement. I am freaking out a little bit actually! The house is going to be in our current neighborhood but on a wooded lot across from the park... the very last lot that the builder was actually saving for himself but has since made other plans. We are starting from scratch and designing the floor plan to be our own. There will be 3 bedrooms upstairs, two downstairs and a playroom! So thankfully this bunk bed situation can be adverted until further notice and our kids will each have their own space. We will finally have a guest room again and I am so glad. Lil-feel free to quit your job and become my assistant. I can pay in hugs from your grandbabies. Aside from the much needed extra space our builder is giving us all of the upgrades; granite, hardwoods floors throughout, a garden tub and duel shower in the master, huge deck, fenced in yard, wood burning fireplace, pretty much our dream house... And we are SO excited. Mostly, I am happy to keep building on the foundation that we have made the past 7.5 years in Asheville. We have the best friends ever and it's only going to keep getting better. Hooray!

Going into the holidays I am amazed at how much we have to be thankful for. Is this really my life? How did I get so lucky? We will be on Topsail Island for Thanksgiving and Wilmington for Christmas. Jaime and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary in December and then after New Years we will be busy making moving preparations and then this baby is due March 7th... So don't expect another update until well, maybe summer?! Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment