Thursday, December 6, 2012

Are those YOUR kids?

So here we go! Another attempt at rebooting this whole blogging thang. Corinne is 9 months old today and I am slowing getting my life back. She is so cute, really, I'm not just saying that because she's mine. She is the CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD. See for yourself:
She is happily non-mobile with the exception of scooting on her bum across the hardwoods. She is a tiny little thing weighing in at just barely 16 pounds. But don't let her small size fool you as her personality is nothing short of electric. Her most recent claim to fame is "The squeal". It sounds kinda like this: "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" I don't know if it's a happy sound or a mad sound. I'm thinking it may just be a "Yo look at me" sound. Poor thing is starved for attention. As I'm sure anyone can tell by the 2,000 photos I upload daily via facebook. Seriously, I take out my phone to call Jaime and catch her posing and smiling. No Corinne, just a phone call. No need to go all BabyGap on me.

Josiah is now four and a HALF and don't you even think of leaving off the half. We had a party to celebrate it. He is doing fantastic in his new preschool this year. Rocking Pre-K and proving to be a rocket scientist. Actually, he isn't a rocket scientist yet but he will be very soon. So. Many. Questions. They never stop. And really hard questions that I don't know the answer to. Just the other day he asked me, "Mommy, do you really know what your talking about or are you just making it up?" Sheesh, I thought I had a little longer to make up answers to his non-stop quiz. He is amazing and so, so wonderful in every way.
Oliver is three, no half yet, just three. No need to get ahead of ourselves. I really love Oliver. For about a billion reasons but one is because he and I are so similar. Don't get me wrong, I married my husband because he puts other husbands to shame. He is a smart, good-looking, non-stop, a liv-in off the land, cable TV shunning, type of man who runs a million a week and refuses to buy new shoes EVER because he already has shoes. He is intense and I love him. He could save our whole family in a hunger games type of situation, I'm sure of it.  And if for some reason anything ever happened to him I'd look to Josiah for help because he is a carbon copy of his daddy. Anyway, back to Oliver. He and I live by another set of rules. We could lay around and watch cable TV all day if Josiah and Jaime weren't pushing us out the door.  Oliver's idea of moving fast is going to his room and waiting for a bit before its time to go. He doesn't like to be rushed and NEVER, does anything that he doesn't feel like doing. Seriously, if Ollie says no, I don't even try to pull out the "You're gonna do it because I said so" because he really won't do it. He'd rather take a two hour time out and chill in his room. He is super imaginative and spends a good part of the day talking to people who aren't there. He is best friends with his turtle, Crush, and loves his baby sister so much. He is a sweet soul and I love him very much.

And then there's me. I'm just chugging coffee and trying to keep up. I would complain but what's the point? I don't have time. More importantly I know there is nothing else I'd rather be doing. I love, LOVE, being with my kids. Even when they're nuts. I'm a little nuts myself so it's all good. I actually just had this conversion today about how crazy people get shit done. I defer to my inner running mantra when I want to join the ranks of whiney mamas:  Suck. It. Up. Life could be worse. I could have to get a job. Um...No. God forbid that ever become necessary because after trying to fill out an application to work at a charter school (so my kids could get in, don't judge me) I needed a large glass of wine. Seriously, I can't even turn something on the Internet into a word document anymore. And references? Who, my kids? Other peoples kids? The lady at the park? Yikes. Looks like I'll just be 1 in 4000 joining the lottery. Ugh, schools stress me out. So yeah, that's it. Oh, and I'm training for a marathon and have run almost 60 miles in the last two weeks. Why not? I have tons of time. See what I said about crazy people getting stuff done?   

As Christmas approahes and Jaime and I celebrate our 9th year as husband and wife I'm so grateful for how blessed we are. The things I struggle with aren't even a blip on the radar of real life problems and for that I'm very, very lucky. Thank you universe. Thank you. .
  

No comments:

Post a Comment