Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally, Fall

With the first harvest moon high in the sky and the calender reading September 23rd, I think it is safe to say that summer is officially dunzo. As much as I dread the end of summer there are a few exciting things about fall in the mountains.

The first being that I am no longer training for the Asheville Half Marathon. That's right folks, I conquered the grueling course in 2 hours and 10 minutes. A huge victory for me considering when I first moved to Asheville, 6 years ago, I was stuck in traffic for the race one morning after going out for breakfast and thinking, "How do they do that?" and "How far is a half marathon again?" I watched the runners out the window in amazement and never, ever thought I could do something like that. And I didn't just do it. I rocked it. It divided into a 10:03 split per mile with 2,225 feet gained in elevation spread out over 13.1 miles. I ran the enitre way and had so much fun. I chatted with fellow runners, made a few friends, jammed out to my music and took my headphones off for the last mile to listen to people cheering. I may as well of won the Boston Marathon. It was a perfect day pounding the pavement. A big shout out to Jaime for finishing in just over 2 hours. Nice work babe! And lets not forget that none of this would have been possible without the help of Yaya and Grandpa making sure the kiddos were happy and fully entertained ELSEWHERE! Thanks guys, you're the best :) The next nice thing about fall is the cooler temperatures. Which means we can get back to the park, Arboretum, Biltmore House and Nature Center. I love the beauty of WNC this time of year!
Josiah is back in KMO two mornings a week playing with all of his good buddy's and learning the ABC"S. This means that Oliver and I get to spend some quality time together! Now that my workouts aren't as strict, I plan on taking those days off to enjoy my now 1 year old little boy.

Hopefully with the changing of the seasons I will find more time to update this blog. We have lots of fun things planned with many photo opportunities, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog and love it! So proud of you and your half-marathon success! Love to the Conleys!

    ReplyDelete