Monday, July 26, 2010

This blog won't make the temperature drop, but it's still pretty cool.


This winter was one for the books. Seriously, Josiah cried his eyes out every time he looked outside and I saw more than a foot of snow on the ground for only the second time in my life. That little tidbit may be the only thing keeping me from losing my mind this summer. Well, that and thanking every God in heaven that I am not pregnant. Hallelujah!

The heat index has reached unfathomable, southern proportions lately and I am beginning to sound like a broken record. "Man, it's hot." "It's hotter than crap." "Whew, I am HOT!" So, that has got me thinking... I need to get creative. Just because I am, wait for it, HOT, doesn't mean that my vocabulary has to suffer. So after a little internet research I have found 10 new sayings to keep things fresh. Enjoy!


• It's hotter than two bears fighting in a forest fire.

• It's hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch.

• It's hotter than two cats fighting in a wool sock.

• It's so hot I just saw the devil dancing buck-naked in the middle of the driveway.

• It's so hot the Popsicle time frame is down to 20 seconds.

• It's hotter than a steel playground at noon.

• It's so hot I could spit fire.

• It's hotter than a pair of sweat pants full of barbecue.

• It's so hot that it makes me want to take off my skin and sit in my bones.

• I hope you brought the champagne glasses because it is TOASTY out.

Stay cool Asheville :)

No comments:

Post a Comment