Monday, November 22, 2010

Brothers

It has been just over 15 months since we brought baby Oliver into our family of three and needless to say, it is like he has been here all along. Throughout my pregnancy I would wonder how it would be possible to love anything as much as I loved Josiah. I secretly thought that even after I met the new baby, I still may love Josiah just a little bit more. But no, the moment I laid eyes on my youngest boy he filled a void we didn't even know was missing.... Making our family of three a family of four and somehow doubling my heart in size. My TWO boys.

It is so nice to watch them finally interacting with one another and playing together. I spent the first year as a mother of two repeating the following phrases; "Careful! Don't touch the baby! Nooooo! Bubby has to nurse, please look at your books. Josiah, he is too little! Look out!" So, it is a relief now that Oliver is a little more sturdy and able to fight his own battles (which he does rather well) and I am able to give them some space (not much).

So here's to two brothers getting to know one another. God has blessed them each with a friend for life and hopefully many good times to be had. Just be sure to take it easy on your Mom and Dad and all of the poor little girls who stand to have their hearts broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment